November 23, 2020
Dear Parents and Family Members,
As cases of coronavirus and hospitalizations spike across the country and our region, we are urging those going on home visits for the holiday to exercise extreme caution.
Data shows that people with intellectual and developmental disabilities are three times more likely to die if they contract COVID-19. Therefore, during home visits, please follow these guidelines:
- Restrict travel to any state that is non-contiguous to New York State (ie, any state besides VT, NJ, MA or PA) for more than 24 hours unless upon return to NYS, the individual complies with quarantine and/or testing protocols required by NYS COVID-19 travel advisory guidelines prior to returning to a Greystone certified residence.
- Restrict exposure of individuals to family members visiting from those states that are non-contiguous (ie, individuals should not be exposed to visitors from high-risk states).
- Limit individuals’ exposure to members of different households.
- Practice safe social distancing when out in the community.
- Wear a mask, if tolerated.
- Wash and sanitize hands throughout the day.
- Follow local requirements regarding indoor/outdoor gathering capacity limitations.
If you are in need of a mask for your home visit, one will be provided upon your arrival and prior to your departure from a Greystone residence.
Please do not hesitate to reach out to me via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or my cell (845) 505-0354. Thank you for your cooperation. Have a safe and Happy Thanksgiving.
Stay Safe and Be Well,