Dear St. John’s Parish Day School Families,
We wanted to reach out to assure you that we, along with everyone, are watching the news regarding the spread of COVID-19 (Coronavirus Disease 2019) daily with caution and concern. Of course, we are planning for the various effects of any potential outbreak with an immediate focus on maintaining the health and wellness of all of the members of our community.
Recently, we added hand-sanitizing stations at the entrance to each hallway and we welcome all to utilize these before going down our hallways. We continue to take time to talk to students and employees about good hygiene practices that are effective during cold and flu season. As we seek to do our part in limiting the possibility of transmission of COVID-19 or any virus we strongly encourage you and your families to adopt these practices that prevent the spread of respiratory viruses:
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Stay home when you are sick (Symptom free for 24 hours before returning to school).
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom; before eating; and after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing.
For up-to-date information on COVID-19, the
is an excellent source we utilize. We will stay in touch as we learn more from both national and local authorities around this evolving concern. Should you have any questions or immediate concerns about SJPDS’s approach to any ongoing developments, please do not hesitate to reach out.
Our prayers and best wishes for continued good health for all,
Head of School