The economic impacts of COVID-19 are already being felt by many employers. Some are facing the prospect of implementing a reduction in force through furloughs and/or layoffs of personnel. But even when there are clear economic or operational reasons for a reduction in force, employers must use care to ensure it is implemented lawfully. This webinar will address a range of issues related to furloughs and layoffs, including:
- Notice requirements under the WARN Act;
- Recommended procedures and communications, including due process requirements;
- Potential bargaining obligations;
- Potential wage and hour issues arising from hours reductions;
- Recent enhancements of unemployment benefit programs due to COVID-19; and
- Key considerations in using separation agreements to comply with the Older Workers Benefit Protection Act (OWBPA)
Please join Summit attorney Kristin Anger for an informative webinar to help your organization be prepared in the event furloughs or layoffs are needed.