Mercy Care is actively monitoring the rapidly evolving COVID-19 (coronavirus) pandemic outbreak, gathering information from trusted sources of clinical information such as the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and World Health Organization (WHO), the Arizona Department of Health Services, and all county public health organizations. In an effort to keep our provider networks as informed as possible, Mercy Care would like to advise you of several important updates:
Per the CDC, the goals for using mitigation strategies in communities with local COVID-19 transmission are to slow the transmission of disease and in particular to protect:
- Individuals at increased risk for severe illness, including older adults and persons of any age with underlying health conditions.
- The healthcare and critical infrastructure workforces
Stop the Spread of COVID-19
Share Facts About COVID-19
, contains valuable information that may be of use to you. The key points to remember to stop the spread of the COVID-19 are to:
- Use Social Distancing - The virus is thought to spread mainly between people who are in close contact with one another (within about 6 feet) through respiratory droplets produced when an infected person coughs or sneezes. It also may be possible that a person can get COVID-19 by touching a surface or object that has the virus on it and then touching their own mouth, nose, or possibly their eyes.
- Clean and disinfect surfaces and objects that are commonly touched.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing; going to the bathroom; and before eating or preparing food.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
Important Website Information
Primary public health and agency websites to review for the latest information regarding COVID-19:
Mercy Care has also updated our provider website to post notifications we receive from the above agencies. These are located under our
News and Events
tab under the
COVID-19 (Coronavirus) News
button and will be updated with new information as we receive it. We encourage you to review this periodically to assure you have the latest information.
Frequently Asked Questions
Mercy Care FAQs are specific to Mercy Care operations. Mercy Care FAQs will be updated as additional questions are received from our Provider Community.
Below please find links to several government agency FAQs to assist you as well.
We want to assure everyone that Mercy Care is taking all precautions to avoid the spread of COVID-19 in order to ensure the safety of our members, our providers and our employees.
Thanks for all you do and be safe!