For in-office appointments
- We will be increasing our cleaning routine in our offices and waiting room, wiping down surfaces each evening to disinfect the office.
- We have removed toys from the waiting room, and will be wiping down materials used in sessions.
- When possible, we suggest that parents and siblings may want to wait in the car instead of the waiting room.
- If you or your child is sick with a cough, fever or other symptoms, especially those related to the virus, please stay home and do not come to our office.
We know there are more cases being reported, and this will certainly continue to expand. If you are aware of any potential exposure to your family please use caution and communicate with us prior to your appointment.
If you are needing to cancel an appointment due to symptoms or a possible exposure or illness, please provide 24 hour notice of cancellation when possible.
Cancellations without 24 hour notice are still subject to our cancellation policy but fees will be waived on a case by case basis.
If you do come in sick and we need to cancel the appointment the late cancellation fee of $85 will apply so please communicate with your provider prior to coming in to the office.
If you there is a quarantine impacting our area and CORE Connection:
- The office would no longer be open for in-person appointments but telehealth will continue to be an option. Please contact your provider to discuss this option.
- Telehealth appointments may be appropriate for individual therapy sessions for adults, middle school or high school clients. Some children may also be able to participate in an online therapy session with parent support. Please discuss this with your therapist.
- For our social groups and younger children, this may be a good opportunity to use a telehealth session with your provider to discuss treatment progress, any concerns you may have or to update goals. For some groups, telehealth may be an option.