Tuesday, August 17, 2021
Dear RSPA Northshore Families:
We are writing to notify you that an individual who was recently on the Northshore Campus on Monday, August 16, 2021, has received a positive test for COVID-19. Your child was not in close contact unless you were individually notified. This notice is being sent to all Northshore parents and staff members.
RSPA follows TEA guidance in the event of positive cases:
Areas heavily used by the individual infected with COVID-19 are sanitized. Individuals with positive COVID-19 test results will remain off campus until re-entry criteria have been met.
- At least 10 calendar days since symptoms appeared.
- At least 24 hours since recovery and symptoms have significantly improved.
RSPA appreciates everyone’s help in providing the best educational environment through these proactive measures:
- Daily self-screening for symptoms prior to coming onto campus.
- Notifying the campus immediately if you or someone you’ve been in close proximity to tests positive, or experiences symptoms of COVID-19.
Parents of a student who tests positive should complete the COVID-19 Student Self Reporting Form.
- Practice physical distancing.
- Practice excellent hand hygiene.
- Strongly encourage the use of face-coverings.
Thank you to the family for reporting this matter and assisting us with accurate contact tracing reporting.
As a precaution, if you or your student would like to be tested, here are some options:
RSPA Communications Department