COVID-19 POLICY + GUIDELINE UPDATES | Effective: June 14
These past few weeks we’ve watched vaccination rates in King County climb to a promising number (66% of all eligible residents are fully vaccinated; 70% in Seattle!). We’ve also taken this time to talk with our staff and listen to feedback from members and have decided to update our COVID policies + guidelines.
Knowing that these are tough decisions to get right and everyone’s personal choices are different, we’re announcing these changes now to allow time for questions and personal adjustments.
The following changes will be effective *JUNE 14*:
Masks will be optional for fully vaccinated climbers; using the honor system + relying on the integrity of our community.
Masks will still be required for:
- Climbers who are not fully vaccinated,
- Youth under 12
- Masks will be optional for fully vaccinated staff; required for youth program instructors regardless of vaccine status.
Drinking fountains + showers will reopen (no towel service, please bring your own)
The plexiglass barriers at the front desk have been removed (June 7th)
Climbers will no longer need to make reservations; capacity will still be limited + occupancy counters will remain available on our website.
- Reservations for group fitness classes will still be required.
- “Fully vaccinated” means 2 weeks after receiving the second dose in a 2-dose series (Pfizer-BioNTech or Moderna), or 2 weeks after receiving a single-dose vaccine (Johnson & Johnson)
- These changes apply only to our Seattle + Bellevue locations; masks are still required for everyone visiting the Tacoma location.