Good evening all,
Many of you are struggling with the decision to stay open or to close. In the absence of any specific directive, I can only imagine how difficult the decision is to make. Please know that the Coalition is here to support you, regardless of your decision
This morning I participated in a call with OEL. It was their intent that they would be able to send you an email providing more guidance on how they are hoping to mitigate the financial impact to providers and mitigate the financial impact to families. I received word late this afternoon that the email would not be ready today.
Here is what we know so far:
- There will be payment for additional child absences for SR and VPK while providers are open.
- There will be reimbursement for SR and VPK providers during temporary closures related to the COVID-19 virus emergency.
- OEL is cancelling remaining child screenings and assessments.
- DOE/OEL is waiving VPK provider accountability for 2020 administration of FLKRS.
- OEL is canceling remaining SR program assessments.
- OEL is extending timelines for provider improvement plans, reports and VPK instructional calendars.
Additional guidance detailing how OEL is mitigating financial impact to families is forthcoming. As more information is made available, I will share it with you.
Coalition offices are scheduled to be open Monday, March 23, 2020 at regular times. If I can be of assistance before then please do not hesitate to contact me
or 850-693-0808. I hope you will try to have a restful weekend.
In your service,