Staying Mentally Healthy
No one can be truly healthy without good mental health.
Good mental health isn’t about avoiding problems or trying to achieve a “perfect” life. It’s about living well and having the tools for coping with difficult situations.
Day-to-Day Mental Wellness
Staying mentally healthy is like staying physically fit—it requires a little effort each day.
- Get between 7 and 8.5 hours of sleep
- Stay hydrated and well-nourished
- Stay physically active
- Take small breaks to yourself throughout the day; go for a walk, read a book, or simply sit in silence
Seeking Professional Help
Sometimes day-to-day efforts just don’t cut it. If your mental health is suffering, you have options:
- Speak with your doctor about mental heath concerns.
- Speak to a professional career counselor or human resources expert if you are stressed or confused about your career path.
- To repair relationships with loved ones and friends, talk to an expert and work through any issues.
- For financial challenges, contact a financial planner or debt advisor.
- Reach out to a trusted friend or coworker. Sometimes we just need someone to listen.