I am pleased to inform you that first responders and health care workers are immediately eligible, regardless of income, for subsidized child care from the State of Florida. The Early Learning Coalition of Northwest Florida is standing by to assist families in applying for this care and explain the details of the program. Care for children birth to age 12 will be provided for at least the next 90 days, maybe longer if the pandemic continues to impact our community. The attached documents explain the program further. Other points of interest include:
- Referrals are intended for first responders and health care workers at this time. Attached are excerpt pages from Governor DeSantis’s Executive Order 20-91 that lists essential services for Healthcare/Public Health and Law Enforcement, Public Safety and Other First Responders.
- The coalition is responsible for paying most of the costs of child care, however, parents are still responsible for paying any rate differentials a Provider might have.
- Currently all of parent co-payments are waived.
- This is a state-wide program for Florida residents only. Families must apply based on the county they live in, and not the county they work in.
- We can only accept referrals that come from a human resources (HR) department or office. If you have private pay families that may qualify, please let the Coalition know by contacting the redline so our CCR&R staff can contact the HR department directly.
- There is a monthly bonus/incentive of $500 per child of a first responder or health care worker for a maximum of $4,000 per month per provider or $12,000 for three months per provider. The incentive is in addition to the school readiness reimbursement rate the contracted provider receives.
- School Readiness providers that have a current contract with the early learning coalition, if open, are eligible to offer services.
The coalition will be holding a webinar next week to answer questions and provide guidance on this program. Please look for registration information early next week.
I hope you and your family have a wonderful weekend. If you need to reach me before then, please call 850-693-0808 or email me at email@example.com.
In your service,