Illinois is now officially in Phase 1b of the COVID-19 vaccine program, covering essential workers beyond health care and persons 65+. Some counties are including clergy as essential workers, others are not.
Because some vaccination procedures will vary from county to county, check your county's health department website, Facebook page or your local news source for information. Please try to refrain from tying up Health Department phone lines as all their resources are in great demand.
You might consider helping older members of your family or church family get their vaccine appointment as this is typically done by computer online and may require email.
And try to remember:
- ALL levels of public health want you to be vaccinated as soon as possible
- There is limited supply of vaccine and resources needed for vaccination
- One county's vaccination process may not be the same as another's. Be patient.
- You may need to wait for your turn. This is not first come first served. Many factors are considered in vaccination order. Be patient.
- There is no timeline. The speed in moving from one Phase (or group) to the next is dependent on supplies, resources, and the number of individuals in each group.
- Register with your county - many have online registration available, perhaps a hotline or even an email address. Be patient.
- Still have questions? Try the IDPH Frequently Asked Questions