A VACATION WORSHIP CONNECTION
The Presbytery has been nurturing new connections as one response to the pandemic. If your congregation is successfully worshiping online through pre-recorded services or live streaming, why not extend a hand to another church to help them fill their pulpit during the pastor’s vacation/study leave?
Would you be willing to welcome another congregation to your worship service by mentioning the congregation by name and welcoming them at other points in the service? Some other ways you might help the visiting congregation feel welcome:
- include a recorded message from a leader in their congregation (or pastor who will be on vacation)
- introduce worshipers to each other with an interesting fact from each group (or share both mission statements)
- include their specific prayer concerns
- invite a liturgist or musician from this sister congregation to participate in the service
- request offerings not only for your church, but theirs as well
In addition, some of our churches without consistent pastoral leadership desire to remain united as a congregation but are finding it difficult to fill their pulpit on a regular basis due to COVID precautions.
If you are willing to provide temporary worship options or would like to take advantage of such a connection, please contact the
or your sister church directly. We would be happy to help facilitate contact and leave you to work out details.
A list of many Blackhawk church’s
remote worship options
is still posted on the website. If yours has changed, please contact the office.
Co-Moderator Rev. Cindy Kohlmann is planning a complete online service for
Sunday, July 5
- including communion. As soon as the link is available we will share. All are welcome to use this worship service!