Governor Issues Stay at Home Order
Beginning Tomorrow Evening at Midnight -- 4/3/2020
IN EFFECT, THE ORDER IS CODIFYING ON A STATEWIDE LEVEL
WHAT WE SHOULD BE DOING NOW
In essence, Executive Oder 20-91 primarily does three things. Effective at 12:01AM on April 3, 2020, and until April 30, 2020:
- It requires senior citizens and individuals with a significant underlying medical condition to stay at home and take all measures to limit the risk of exposure to COVID-19.
- It requires all persons in Florida to limit their movements and personal interactions outside of their home to those only necessary to obtain or provide essential services or conduct essential activities.
- Essential services: The list of essential services will be available at www.floridadisaster.org. More specifically essential services includes:
- Critical infrastructure workers, including workers in long term care (e.g., health care & public health, IT, food & agriculture, energy, financial, communications). See attached U.S. Department of Homeland Security Guidance.
- Retail and commercial businesses, including health care providers, grocery stores, gas stations, television, laundry service providers, restaurants, and office supply companies. See Executive Order 20-89 (incorporating activities propounded by Miami-Dade County).
- Other essential services may be added with the approval of the State Coordinating Officer, in close coordination with the State Health Officer.
- Essential activities: The list of essential activities includes attending religious services, participating in recreational activities, taking care of pets, and caring for or assisting a loved one or friend. Other essential activities may be added by the State Coordinating Officer, in close coordination with the State Health Officer. Note – a social gathering in a public space is not an essential activity.
- It supersedes any conflicting official action or orders issued by local officials in response to COVID-19, but only to the extent that such action or order allows essential services or essential activities prohibited by the Executive Order.