Dear Oxbridge Parents/Guardians,
This message is intended to provide you with a few mid-week updates regarding our COVID-19 monitoring and preparedness. Our risk assessment team continues to monitor COVID-19 news from the Florida Department of Health and CDC closely, and we are thoroughly investigating every potential case of COVID-19 exposure brought to our attention, following the CDC's COVID-19 Risk Assessment. Your communication has been invaluable to these efforts.
Initiatives to Help Prevent the Spread of Illness on Campus
- Effective March 12, all visitors during school hours to campus buildings will be asked to complete a brief questionnaire that uses questions recommended by the CDC, as a precaution against spreading COVID-19.
- As a general rule, please do not visit campus if you are sick.
Online Learning Preparedness
- Yesterday we sent out an internet home access survey. If you have not already done so, click HERE to complete and submit the form. This information helps us ensure that all students will have access to learning resources in the event of a school closing.
- This morning the faculty received training on the use of our online learning platform. The platform allows interaction between teachers and students in a virtual classroom environment through a variety of means, including text chat, whiteboard, video chat, traditional documents, and voice.
- This week, and into the weekend, our faculty and IT staff are working to develop and refine course teaching methods, units, and lessons for online delivery.
- We added additional information to our COVID-19 webpage. Please click HERE to view the page. It can be found in the Health & Wellness section of the website under Student Life. We recommend you bookmark it for future reference.
As always, the health and safety of our students and employees remains our top priority. We are thankful for your cooperation and understanding as we manage a very fluid situation that is changing daily. We are also thankful to have such an expert and dedicated faculty and staff adapting Oxbridge's curriculum and instruction to an online environment. Please contact
if you have any questions. We hope that you and your family remain healthy and safe.
Ralph E. Maurer, Ph.D
Head of School