Dear Oxbridge Parents/Guardians,
We continue to monitor the COVID-19 updates from the
Florida Department of Health
including the growing number of cases in Florida and the two new cases in Broward County.
We appreciate the community's diligent response to our request to report travel and possible COVID-19 exposure. We continue to thoroughly investigate every potential case of COVID-19 exposure brought to our attention, following the CDC's COVID-19 Risk Assessment. We are thankful to have a strong on-site health and risk management team in place that is collaborating daily to ensure we keep the entire Oxbridge community safe.
Alerts and General COVID-19 Communications
- We encourage the entire Oxbridge community to continue COVID-19 related communication with our centralized contact, firstname.lastname@example.org. Please use email as the preferred method of communication. This allows us to catalog all questions and concerns and provide consistent and timely answers.
- We are regularly updating the webpage we set up on March 6 with general information about COVID-19 and links to all community-wide e-blasts that have been sent. Please bookmark this page and check it regularly. It is found under the Student Life/Health & Wellness section of our website.
- Effective March 9, we will begin using SMS to alert you when there is an update on the COVID-19 webpage and when we have emailed you important updates.
Self-Report and Self-Isolate Following International Travel
- As required by the Florida Department of Health, if you have been to China, Italy, Iran, or South Korea in the past 14 days, you are required to
- If you become sick during self-isolation, call your county health department immediately. The Florida Department of Health recommendations for self-isolation can be found HERE.
- Students self-isolating for these reasons must inform Oxbridge at
- Family members residing in the same household as an Oxbridge student who self-isolate for these reasons must inform Oxbridge at email@example.com.
Reporting and Tracking International Travel
On March 6, 2020, we established international travel reporting procedures to help minimize exposure to our school community. If you haven't already done so, please complete and submit the travel reporting form.
- Click HERE for the student travel form.
- Students and Oxbridge employees who are planning to travel outside of the United States are required to self-report.
- Students and Oxbridge employees who travel outside of the United States to high risk countries as identified by the CDC (currently China, Italy, Iran, or South Korea), in addition to self-reporting, will be required to self-quarantine for 14 days and practice social distancing.
- Each case of international travel that is reported will be evaluated thoroughly per the recommendations of the CDC's COVID-19 Risk Assessment.
- Student absences for the above-mentioned reasons will be excused without penalty. Instructional materials will be accessible to students to ensure that learning will continue during any self-isolation period.
- If there is a question of whether to have your child attend school, please keep them home and contact Dr. Kelly Prisco at firstname.lastname@example.org, or 561-972-9698.
- Please do not allow your child to attend classes or come to campus if they are ill.
- Keep the student at home until the fever has been gone for at least 24 hours without the use of fever-reducing medicines.
- Following the illness policy in the student handbook, your child may be sent home from school if they are exhibiting signs and symptoms of a communicable illness. Click HERE to review the policy on page 22.
- Student absences for the above-mentioned reasons will also be excused without penalty. Instructional materials will be accessible to students to ensure that learning will continue during any self-isolation period.
Our first priority is the safety of our employees and students. In addition, we send our best wishes to alumni at college campuses and in cities that are getting hit hard by the virus. Thank you for doing your part to keep our community safe.
Ongoing COVID-19 Planning
- We have created an online platform for remote learning. Teachers are working this week on preparing units and lessons.
- Should circumstances necessitate school closure, we will be ready to move forward with our contingency plan.
Ralph E. Maurer, Ph.D
Head of School