Dear Families and Friends of Valhaven:
Visiting Loved Ones
As you know, visitation is open for designated visitors and it has been wonderful seeing families reunited in person, physically distant of course ;)
It is an honour and privilege to make in-person visits possible and our team is working extra hard to ensure every family has equal opportunity and time to see loved ones. We recognize the negative effects this season of isolation has had on the mental, emotional, and spiritual health of both residents and families alike and we are thrilled to see this improving now with the in-person visits.
That being said, there have been some visits happening that are not following protocol and, simply put, this cannot happen. Not only are we required to abide by Fraser Health protocol, but we want to ensure COVID-19 does not come back into Valhaven. We worked hard to stop the spread from the previous outbreak and we would like to keep this home COVID-FREE!
While we understand your excitement in wanting to be with your loved ones and empathize with the long waiting period you endured to get to this moment, we
respect and follow the safety measures in place so visits can continue.
It is imperative that we work together on this. IF Valhaven were to get another outbreak, visits would be stopped immediately, isolation would be enforced, and mental health would be severely impacted once again, especially for your loved ones here at their home. This is not just Tabor Village protocol, this is Provincial Health protocol.
We want nothing more than to see visits continue and restrictions continue to loosen, but in order for that to occur, safety measures must be followed and protocol, as well as the staff enforcing this protocol, must be respected.
Mandatory Visiting Policy and Protocol:
- Outside visits in the front patio area are NOT permitted at any time.
- All visits must be scheduled in advance and booked through Amphie Camua.
- ACamua@taborvillage.org or 604-856-2812 ext. 109
- All visits must take place within the designated visitor area.
- Visits are 20 minutes long with an additional 10 minutes for screening and travel to designated visitor area.
- Visitors must purchase and wear their own approved mask for the entire duration of the visit.
- Visitors cannot hug or touch any residents, your loved one included.
- Visitors must sign and agree to the required waiver that is provided upon your first visit.
- Visitors must complete proper hand hygiene before and after visit.
Jumping the gate, banging on windows, yelling at or raising one's voice at staff, removing screens from windows, refusal to sign the waiver, refusal to follow safety measures and/or refusal to abide by Tabor Village protocol is not acceptable nor tolerated and visits will be restricted for all those who do not respect the policies of Tabor Village.
Showing respect and kindness to one another is expected of all families and designated visitors.