Hello Power Families,
Chris and I wanted to provide a quick update on where things stand at the moment. We want to thank everyone for your continued patience and support during this very trying time. We are working hard to find solutions to finish this year's tournament season. In this message we will communicate to you the big picture of what is going on with club volleyball in North Texas and nationally. This information is to help you plan your months of May and June and to try and set expectations of what might come.


Things we know
 
North Texas Region Updates:
The North Texas Region is encouraging everyone to adjust their seasons and push back tournaments into May/June 21-28. This is something that isn't traditional, but these are not traditional times. We are working on dates now for postponements of all events. Once those dates become available, we will send updates directly to our coaches, and families. It is our intention to continue with our club season after the delay is over.
 
Show Me Qualifier Week 2 - Postponed until May 22-24
USA Volleyball has received new information that the Mayor of Kansas City has extended the State of Emergency with a proclamation that all events with more than 10 people within the city will be cancelled or delayed for a eight-week period due to the COVID-19 coronavirus. In light of this new information, we will be postponing both the first and second weekends of the Show Me National Qualifier. We have secured new dates with the Kansas City Convention Center and will be rescheduling Week One to May 16-18 and Week Two to May 22-24. Power has decided that the following teams will participate in the newly announced dates: 17P, 17B, 16P, 16B.

Airfare
Now that show me has announced the new dates, it would be a good time to reach out to your respective airlines to start the process of rescheduling your flights if applicable.
 

Things we don’t know
 
Practices
At the moment, we do not have a specific return date scheduled. It is our intention to continue with regularly scheduled practices once we are given the green light from all sources, including the City of McKinney, Collin County, North Texas Region, USAV, Frisco ISD, and Craig Ranch.

Lonestar NQ
As of yesterday, LSC will be officially postponed. Unfortunately, we do not have any further information regarding the postponement date of this tournament. Once we do, we will push that information out to you all.

Local Tournaments
We do not have any further information regarding the postponement date of any local tournaments. Once we do, we will push that information out to you all. It is our intention to try and enter the same tournaments that each team was originally scheduled for, however we understand that scheduling conflicts may arise. We will do our best to try and accommodate all teams that had remaining tournaments.
 
Regionals
·      McChesney Regionals - TBD
·      18’s Regional- TBD
·      11-17’s Regional Bid Championships- TBD
We do not have any further information regarding the postponement date of any local tournaments. Once we do, we will push that information out to you all. It is our intention to enter the same tournaments originally planned for each team.



Much Love,
Tony and Chris