Overview of Current Priority Groups that are Eligible for COVID-19 Vaccination
On March 8, Gov. Asa Hutchinson announced that he was opening up Phase 1B to everyone in that category, which currently includes the following groups:
- All persons aged 65 years of age and older.
- All persons who work in the Education Sector, defined as:
- Child daycare workers.
- K-12 teachers and staff, including school bus drivers, referees/sports officials (AAA sanctioned), and music education instructors providing instruction that takes place within K-12 schools.
- Junior college faculty and staff.
- Colleges, universities, and professional school faculty and staff.
- Business schools and computer and management training workers.
- Technical and trade school workers.
- Vocational rehabilitation services workers.
- Adult education workers, including adult learning alliance of Arkansas, Goodwill Industries.
- Educational support services workers, comprised of establishments primarily engaged in providing non-instructional services that support educations processes or systems. Includes educational consultants, testing services, guidance counseling services, student exchange program and educational testing evaluation services.
- Automobile and truck driving school workers.
- All persons included in Phase 1A remain eligible, including health care workers, first responders, and residents of long-term care facilities.