December 21, 2020
Dear Amenia IRA Family Members,
I’m writing to inform you that two staff members who support Amenia IRA have tested positive for COVID-19. The staff members who tested positive are recuperating at home, and will not return to work until they are cleared by a medical professional. Individuals will be quarantined at the Amenia IRA location until Jan 2, 2021.
The Department of Health (DOH), Office for People with Developmental Disabilities (OPWDD) and local health authorities were immediately notified.
This is not easy news to share. Sadly, the COVID-19 cases are on the rise in our region and across the nation, but we can assure you that our team is, and has been, taking measures to protect your loved ones, who we cherish greatly. We are operating under the Centers for Disease Prevention and Control’s (CDC) strict protocols for infection control, and recent measures include:
- Testing will be made available to individuals and staff who choose to be tested
- Extensive cleaning and disinfecting of the Amenia IRA by a professional company
- Staggering mealtimes to allow for social distancing among residents and staff
- Disinfecting entry station
- Mandating staff who are experiencing any symptoms of illness (i.e., cough, runny nose, headache, fever, body aches) to stay home and self-quarantine for a minimum of 7 days and 72 hours symptom free
- Providing hand sanitizer and extensive cleaning multiple times per day
- Taking temperatures of all Greystone-supported individuals three times daily and monitoring for symptoms
- Taking all staff temperatures before beginning each shift
- Requiring all support staff to wear enhanced PPEs
- Holding regular Infection Control Committee meetings
We will send updates as we have more news to share, and, in the meantime, do not hesitate to reach out to me via email at email@example.com or my cell (845) 505-0354. We remain committed to the health and well-being of those in our care and Greystone’s dedicated support staff. Together, we will get through this.
Stay Safe, Be Well,