January 12, 2021
Dear Staatsburg IRA Family Members,
I’m writing to inform you that one individual living at Staatsburg IRA has tested positive for COVID-19. The individual who tested positive is under the care of medical professionals. All individuals will be quarantined at the Staatsburg IRA location until January 26, 2021.
The Department of Health (DOH), Office for People with Developmental Disabilities (OPWDD) and local health authorities were immediately notified.
As you know, COVID-19 cases are on the rise in our region and across the nation, but we can assure you that our team is, and has been, taking measures to protect your loved ones, who we cherish greatly. We are operating under the Centers for Disease Prevention and Control’s (CDC) strict protocols for infection control, and recent measures include:
- Testing will be made available to individuals and staff who choose to be tested
- Extensive cleaning and disinfecting of the Staatsburg IRA by a professional company
- Staggering mealtimes to allow for social distancing among residents and staff
- Disinfecting entry station
- Mandating staff who are experiencing any symptoms of illness (i.e., cough, runny nose, headache, fever, body aches) to stay home and self-quarantine for a minimum of 7 days and 72 hours symptom free
- Providing hand sanitizer and extensive cleaning multiple times per day
- Taking temperatures of all Greystone-supported individuals three times daily and monitoring for symptoms
- Taking all staff temperatures before beginning each shift
- Requiring all support staff to wear enhanced PPEs
- Holding regular Infection Control Committee meetings
We will send updates as we have more news to share, and, in the meantime, do not hesitate to reach out to me via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or my cell (845) 505-0354. We remain committed to the health and well-being of those in our care and Greystone’s dedicated support staff. Together, we will get through this.
Stay Safe, Be Well,