January 11, 2021
Dear Universal IRA Family Members,
I’m writing to inform you that one staff member who supports Universal IRA has tested positive for COVID-19. The staff member who tested positive is under the care of medical professionals and is recuperating at home. All individuals will be quarantined at the Universal IRA location until January 23, 2021.
The Department of Health (DOH), Office for People with Developmental Disabilities (OPWDD) and local health authorities were immediately notified.
This is not easy news to share. As you know, COVID-19 cases are on the rise in our region and across the nation, but we can assure you that our team is, and has been, taking measures to protect your loved ones, who we cherish greatly. We are operating under the Centers for Disease Prevention and Control’s (CDC) strict protocols for infection control, and recent measures include:
- Testing will be made available to individuals and staff who choose to be tested
- Extensive cleaning and disinfecting of the Universal IRA by a professional company
- Staggering mealtimes to allow for social distancing among residents and staff
- Disinfecting entry station
- Mandating staff who are experiencing any symptoms of illness (i.e., cough, runny nose, headache, fever, body aches) to stay home and self-quarantine for a minimum of 7 days and 72 hours symptom free
- Providing hand sanitizer and extensive cleaning multiple times per day
- Taking temperatures of all Greystone-supported individuals three times daily and monitoring for symptoms
- Taking all staff temperatures before beginning each shift
- Requiring all support staff to wear enhanced PPEs
- Holding regular Infection Control Committee meetings
We will send updates as we have more news to share, and, in the meantime, do not hesitate to reach out to me via email at email@example.com or my cell (845) 505-0354. We remain committed to the health and well-being of those in our care and Greystone’s dedicated support staff. Together, we will get through this and 2021 will be a better year.
Stay Safe, Be Well,