November 23, 2020
Dear Dancing Bear IRA Family Members,
I’m writing to inform you that an individual we support at Dancing Bear IRA has tested positive for COVID-19. The individual who tested positive will be isolated. All other individuals will be quarantined at the Dancing Bear location.
The Department of Health (DOH), Office for People with Developmental Disabilities (OPWDD) and local health authorities were immediately notified.
This is not easy news to share. Sadly, the COVID-19 cases are on the rise in our region and across the nation, but we can assure you that our team is, and has been, taking measures to protect your loved ones, who we cherish greatly. We are operating under the Centers for Disease Prevention and Control’s (CDC) strict protocols for infection control, and recent measures include:
- Testing will be made available to individuals and staff who choose to be tested
- Staff designated to work only with the infected individual
- Extensive cleaning and disinfecting of the Dancing Bear IRA by a professional company
- Staggering mealtimes to allow for social distancing among residents and staff
- Disinfecting entry station
- Mandating staff who are experiencing any symptoms of illness (i.e., cough, runny nose, headache, fever, body aches) to stay home and self-quarantine for a minimum of 7 days and 72 hours symptom free
- Taking temperatures of all Greystone-supported individuals three times daily
- Taking all staff temperatures before beginning each shift
- Requiring all support staff to wear enhanced PPEs
- Holding regular Infection Control Committee meetings
We will send updates as we have more news to share, and, in the meantime, do not hesitate to reach out to me via email at email@example.com or my cell (845) 505-0354. We remain committed to the health and well-being of those in our care and Greystone’s dedicated support staff. Together, we will get through this.