November 30, 2020
I’m writing to notify you that a staff member at New Hackensack IRA tested positive for COVID-19. The staff member was instructed to quarantine and will be out of work for 14 days.
Effective immediately the New Hackensack IRA will be quarantined and closely monitored for 14 days, following protocols set forth by the Office of People with Developmental Disabilities (OPWDD), NYS Department of Health (DOH) and the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) guidelines.
As you know, the coronavirus health crisis is impacting everyone – from our community to all nations worldwide, positive cases are on the rise. We assure you, however, that our team takes extreme measures to protect your family member. Safety measures include:
- Testing made available to individuals and staff who choose to be tested
- Staff designated to work only with the infected individual
- Extensive cleaning and disinfecting of the New Hackensack IRA by a professional company
- Staggering mealtimes to allow for social distancing among residents and staff
- Disinfecting entry station
- Mandating staff who are experiencing any symptoms of illness (i.e., cough, runny nose, headache, fever, body aches) to stay home and self-quarantine for a minimum of 7 days and 72 hours until symptom free
- Taking temperatures of all Greystone-supported individuals three times daily
- Taking all staff temperatures before beginning each shift
- Requiring all support staff to wear enhanced PPEs
- Holding regular Infection Control Committee meetings
We will continue to communicate as we have more news to share. Please do not hesitate to reach out to me via email at email@example.com or my cell (845) 505-0354 with any questions and concerns.
Stay healthy and safe,