March 20, 2020
Due to the increase in COVID-19 cases in Northeast Ohio and in accordance with what many other institutions are implementing, CIM is implementing additional building access policies and further reducing hours. These policies will be in place until at least April 6; we will continue to monitor the situation and update you when additional information is available.
Effective at 8pm on Saturday, March 21, no students will be allowed in the building until further notice. Essential staff and faculty may be in the building Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday from 8am-5pm only. The building will be closed at that point to all but essential staff. If you have any questions about your need to be in the building, please consult your supervisor.
Here are the new hours for the next several days:
- Friday, March 20 – open until 8pm for faculty, staff and students
- Saturday, March 21 – open 8am-8pm for faculty, staff and students
- Sunday, March 22 – closed to all
- Monday, March 23 – open 8am-5pm for essential faculty and staff only
- Tuesday, March 24 – open 8am-5pm for essential faculty and staff only
- Wednesday, March 25 – open 8am-5pm for essential faculty and staff only
- Thursday, March 26 through at least April 6 – closed to all but essential staff, who must do their on-site work between 9am-5pm
As a reminder, a CIM ID card is required to enter the building, without exception. You may only enter through the East Blvd entrance; all other entry doors are locked.
Most of you are already working from home, and we thank you for making that transition. If you need additional items from your office, please plan to retrieve them as soon as possible, but no later than Wednesday at 5pm. Although it is impossible to know the future, it is prudent to plan for our work-from-home period to be extended.
Paul W. Hogle, President | CEO
Judy Bundra, PhD, Chief Academic Officer and Dean