Dental professionals are urged to contact their federal legislators to expand on some of the provisions in the CARES Act and address other issues related to the pandemic. The ADA is recommending the following provisions be included in the next COVID-19 relief bill:
- Flexibility within the Paycheck Protection Program (PPP), to allow owners to make appropriate decisions about staffing and payroll based on their reopening plans.
- Ensure adequate oversight over the distribution of PPP loans and forgiveness provisions.
- Intensify the production of PPE.
- Provide tax credits or allow PPP funds to be used to purchase PPE.
- Provide targeted liability protections to allow dentists to administer COVID-19 testing.
Through the ADA Legislative Action Center, anyone may submit the form letter or a personalized letter to their legislators. Take action today!