March 15, 2020
This has been a week like no other, and before I do anything else, I want to thank you for your continued patience, flexibility, persistence and strength as we move forward. Please know that staff colleagues are working as quickly as they can to address your concerns and provide more information to help you make decisions and preparations.
As that information becomes available, it will be shared with you to your cim.edu email address. Staff are also working on a technology resource guide and a more comprehensive FAQ; both will be posted online as soon as possible.
Today, I have a few reminders and operational updates.
Instruction resumes on Wednesday, March 18
, and will take place via video conferencing and other modes of online learning. All CWRU and CIM classes and studio lessons will continue, and faculty members will be in touch with you by Tuesday, March 17 at 5pm EDT with more details.
is limited to those with CIM access cards. As you heard on March 12, hours are reduced slightly for a few days (March 15 from noon-4pm only; March 16-17 from 7:15am-10pm). Staff is evaluating ongoing needs and will provide an update by Tuesday about hours moving forward.
Robinson Music Library
- Beginning Monday, March 16, the library and media center will be open Monday through Friday from 9am to noon with limited on-site staff. All library staff are available by email during normal business hours.
- As always, off-campus access to the library’s online catalog is available.
- Access to electronic resources may be made through the VPN Client, where you can receive step-by-step instructions on how to set up VPN on your device. It is available to those who have an activated CWRU ID.
- To learn more about getting connected to CIM online library resources please view this short video, or contact Denise Green at email@example.com for assistance. The Case Help Desk also is available to you 24 hours a day.
- Email library staff to make arrangements to pick-up of materials outside these hours. Returning materials may be dropped off in the library’s book drop or at the East Blvd security desk.
The mailroom remains open Monday through Friday from 1-4pm.
If conditions warrant adjustments, you will be notified.
Those who are practicing in the building or visiting the library are encouraged to maintain social distancing and to take extra care with frequent handwashing and sanitizing. Use the hard-surface wipes located at stations throughout the building to clean door handles and piano keys, in particular. We want you to stay healthy!
CIM has a comprehensive COVID-19 response webpage, where information is collected and many of the email communications are provided. Find it at
Much more information is forthcoming, as staff and faculty work to make the best decisions we can for you during this trying time. We take our responsibilities to you seriously, and we are working to be as fair to everyone as we possibly can.
Senior Associate Dean