March 15, 2020
This has been a week like no other, and before we do anything else, we want to thank you for your continued patience, flexibility, persistence and strength as we move forward.
Today, we have a few reminders and operational updates.
Building access is limited to those with CIM access cards
. As you heard on March 12, hours are reduced slightly for a few days (March 15 from noon-4pm only; March 16-17 from 7:15am-10pm). Staff is evaluating ongoing needs and will provide an update by Tuesday about hours moving forward.
Lessons and academic classes resume on Wednesday, March 18
, and will take place via video conferencing and other modes of online learning through the end of the semester. Chamber music and all ensembles are canceled; no in-person rehearsals, coachings or instruction is allowed, for the health of the entire CIM community.
Please be in touch with your students by Tuesday, March 17 at 5pm EDT
with more details about how you will be continuing instruction.
- As shared on March 12, training in Microsoft Teams (which allows for videoconferencing, recording for later viewing and a host of other tools) is scheduled for Monday, March 16 and Tuesday, March 17, at CIM. Use this link to sign up for a short, small group class led by a certified Microsoft trainer.
- CIM-specific technology resource pages for faculty and students will launch on Monday, March 16. Training materials will also be available there, as will helpful tips for online teaching.
- IT staff and Brian Sweigart will be on site on Wednesday, March 18 and Thursday, March 19 to provide individual assistance.
Robinson Music Library
- Beginning Monday, March 16, the library and media center will be open Monday through Friday from 9am to noon with limited on-site staff. All library staff are available by email during normal business hours.
- As always, off-campus access to the library’s online catalog is available.
- Access to electronic resources may be made through the VPN Client, where you can receive step-by-step instructions on how to set up VPN on your device. It is available to those who have an activated CWRU ID.
- To learn more about getting connected to CIM online library resources please view this short video, or contact Denise Green at email@example.com for assistance. The Case Help Desk also is available to you 24 hours a day.
- Email library staff to make arrangements to pick-up of materials outside these hours. Returning materials may be dropped off in the library’s book drop or at the East Blvd security desk.
are available as usual.
Timesheets and Paychecks
- Pay dates will continue as scheduled.
- Timesheets for the next pay must be submitted by Monday, March 23, to allow staff who are now mostly working remotely enough time to process them.
- All timesheets much be submitted electronically. Because most CIM staff are working remotely, paper timesheets cannot be accepted.
- You can download the Excel version of your timesheet from the ADP portal. Find the timesheets in the Forms box on the homepage. You can complete it electronically (type your name in the signature box), or you can print and complete it on paper, then scan. (There are several free or low-cost scanning apps for iPhone and Android.)
- For approval, Conservatory faculty should email completed forms to Matthew Arnold (firstname.lastname@example.org) and Prep faculty should email to Ty Niemeyer (email@example.com).
Thank you for your resilience and understanding as we adapt to this unprecedented and continually unfolding situation.
Brian Sweigart, Senior Associate Dean
Jerrod Price, Executive Director, Preparatory, Enrollment and Pathway Programs