An Update on Library Programs and Services
Most of you have probably heard by now that the Library (and all Middleboro Town offices) are closed until further notice. We wanted to reassure you of several things:
1. Library staff will be onsite and will return your phone calls and emails several times a day. Please don't expect to get through to a staff member immediately.
do not need to worry about fines. The Library has stopped assessing fines for the immediate future. You may return any materials currently checked out (except Funbrary items) at any time using our two outdoor book drops, but please don't leave anything if the returns are full. We'll be emptying them regularly.
3. No holds will be available, but pickup dates for all holds currently placed have been extended by the SAILS network until
April 15. All delivery service between Massachusetts libraries has been suspended.
4. All patrons whose library cards were scheduled to expire in April have had their expiration date extended until
5. The statewide collection of our Overdrive ebooks, audiobooks, and magazines is still available 24/7. Just log onto our
, or into the Libby or Overdrive apps on your devices to browse through and checkout books.
6. Please check our website or Facebook page for news and updates when they become available.
We'll miss seeing you here at the Library for your regular visits, and hope that we'll be back open and running as soon as is safely possible.
The entire staff of the
Middleboro Public Library