The new Public Health Order issued on July 16 (CMOH Order 29-2020) rescinds the April 28, 2020 Public Health Order (CMOH Order 14-2020). This order, effective July 23, 2020, gives long-term care facilities greater flexibility in visitation.
The amendments in this order include the expectation that operators develop a safe visiting policy and process in collaboration with residents and families. Other amendments include:
- Each resident or alternate decision maker may identify up to 2 designated family/support persons who are essential to maintaining resident mental and physical health.
- Multiple residents may have the same designated family/support persons.
- Non-designated family/support persons may be allowed to visit.
- This will be determined by resident health and circumstance and the risk tolerance assessment of the site.
- Designated family/support persons are not required to be present for visits from others.