March 17, 2020
Dear First Presbyterian Church Family,
These are unprecedented times and each day seems to bring some new dimension. I trust you know that you are all greatly loved by the church staff and we are endeavoring to meet the challenges of not being able to be physically together. At this point, we have no way of ascertaining how long we will be in this mode, but my guess is at least a month, maybe longer. Pushing the “return” button will be difficult. So, we need to stay calm and trust in the Lord’s providence and sovereignty in the days ahead.
I wanted to bring some information to you right away. Other things will come to mind as we go through this emergency.
1. If anyone needs help with essentials (grocery shopping, transportation), please call the “Pastor on call” telephone — 803.513.7931 for help/assistance.
3. If you would like someone to pray with you over the telephone, please call the “Pastor on call” telephone — 803.513.793, or use this link:
All requests for prayer will be kept confidential.
4. We will be live-streaming our services on Sunday at 10:00 am and 6:00 pm. For those who do not have internet capability, the morning sermon is also broadcast on 1320 AM radio at 11:00 am.
5. The Session has decided to postpone our 225 celebrations. This is a huge disappointment given the amount of planning that went into it. However, we WILL have this celebration at some point in the future. We are grateful to Lanny Lambert and the 225 Committee for all the wonderful plans they put together.
6. Please note that we are putting a five-minute video/devotional online each day that will also have some up-to-date information. Please check it out and share.
Again, please feel free to contact us if you have any needs. We are here to help you in whatever way we can.
“God gave us a spirit not of fear but of power and love and self-control” (2 Timothy 1:7).
Sincerely in the gospel,
Derek W.H. Thomas