What if I Haven't Received My Stimulus Check?
Many Americans have received their stimulus checks from the federal government because of the CARES Act signed by President Trump.
If you have
received your check, the IRS has released a new tool called "Get My Payment" on their website to check the progress of your payment.
Due to high demand, you may see a message that you have to wait before you can access the site. Here are the instructions for the Get My Payment Tool:
- Head to the IRS' Get My Payment page and tap the blue Get My Payment button to check the status of your economic impact payment.
- On the next page about authorized use, tap OK.
- Now on the Get My Payment page, enter your social security number (SSN) or individual tax ID (ITIN), your date of birth, your street address and your ZIP or postal code. Tap Continue.
- On the next page, the portal will show your payment status, whether it's been scheduled or if the service can't yet determine your status.
- If you've not set up direct deposit with the IRS, the service may walk you through those steps to get your check sent straight to your bank account.
The IRS COVID-19 IRS website has a great deal of useful information for individuals and business.
Click Here to View.