Dear Venture Academy Families,
Thank you for your continued understanding and support regarding COVID-19.
As of today,
we have not canceled classes for next week. Still, it is possible that we will cancel or alter in-person classes and move towards distance online instruction at any time and for any length of time. We are
canceling or postponing all extra-curricular events and activities until further notice including
- Junior Parent Bootcamp
- Junior ACT Prep
- Saturday Schools
- Beyond Walls after school programming
- The spring play
- All school field trips
The purpose of this letter and attached packet is to prepare our school community for potential distance E-Learning. Again, we have not made that decision yet.
- In the event we cancel in-person classes, we will still provide instruction through E-Learning
- We are distributing Chromebooks and chargers to any student that needs one (starting today)
- Included in this packet is information on how to obtain internet access if you do not already have it
- Students and teachers will be able to interact via Google Classroom, phone and email
- We are purchasing WiFi personal hotspots. If you need one, please reach out to the front office
- Please find Google Classroom information provided here
- Middle School
- High School
- Please reach out to your child’s teachers if you cannot find or access the E-Learning materials
- Please find a directory with teacher/staff contact information.
- You may always contact the front desk at (612) 345-9040 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- If internet access is simply impossible for you, please reach out to the front office to arrange printed materials
- Please help your students be responsible for the care of the technology we are providing them
- In the event we move towards E-Learning, please help ensure your child is completing their assigned coursework.
- All technology will be collected upon resuming in-person classes, so please make sure it is not lost, broken or stolen. In the event that it is lost, broken, or stolen, students may be asked to pay for the equipment.
- We may very well have school on Monday! Please remember to bring the computers to school any day that classes are in session.
- In the event we cancel in-person classes, Venture Academy will still offer Special Education Services
- Students will receive their service minutes per their IEP
- The location of these services will change, temporarily, to online and tele-communications.
- If you have any questions or concerns regarding your child’s special education services, please reach out to your child’s case manager or simply call the front office and we can schedule an IEP meeting.
- In any event, Venture Academy hopes to continue to consistently and proactively communicate through the following means:
- Direct Phone Calls
- TV media in the event of closure
- Additionally, please find the invitation for Remind, a communications app, in this packet.
- If you have a personal email that we may not have a record of, please email us at email@example.com with your name and child’s name. Please include your best phone number.
As we continue to go through this tough and uncertain time, please also remember to keep us informed about your child’s health by letting us know if your child is sick. Please let us know, also, if any member of your family is sick or has traveled out of state or out of country.
Symptoms of COVID-19 include mild to severe respiratory illness along with:
- Shortness of breath
Thank you, Venture community, for your support and understanding. We are here for you.
All the best,
CEO/Head of School