Dear Partner Agency,
All Faiths Food Bank is closely monitoring developments with COVID-19 (Coronavirus) in our community. As a leader in disaster preparation and recovery, we are communicating regularly with local emergency management, health care officials and Feeding America.
The safety of our staff, volunteers, partner agencies and clients is our first priority. Additional steps for extra sanitation to keep our facility, food and people as safe as possible during this potential threat have been taken. An internal Task Force consisting of key staff has been created to monitor the situation, plan our response and develop a communication plan to keep our partners, volunteers and staff informed.
We are currently in the prevention stage with COVID-19 and continue under Standard Operating Procedures. Please know that we have taken the necessary steps to assure that we are prepared to address an increase in demand, if needed.
Please be sure your organization is following the CDC recommendations found here:
Your organization should consider taking these precautionary measures:
- Be sure staff and volunteers wear gloves.
- Wash hands frequently for 20 seconds. Keep hand sanitizer throughout the pantry, particularly at registration areas.
- Sanitize work areas, phones, keyboards and ‘high touch’ surfaces like handles and light switches.
- Staff or volunteers who have recently traveled to hotspots or are experiencing any symptoms of illness are recommended to stay home.
- Consider pre-bagging the food, avoid clients touching or selecting their own items.
- If there are lines, have clients keep space between one another.
The loss of economic activity has already started to impact thousands of hourly workers and their families throughout Florida. More people in our area may be affected in the weeks ahead. We will be working with our network of partner agencies to get food to those in need.
Thank you for your continued efforts to feed those throughout our community. AFFB is totally confident in our community’s resilience and compassion. In the coming days, we’ll continue to share more as we learn more.
Chief Operating Officer
All Faiths Food Bank