Dade County Health Task Force
Dade County is Working Harder to Keep our Schools Even Cleaner! A Task Force is in place to review best practices for dealing with the COVID-19 and other health issues. Members include the superintendent, the principals, the safety director, the SNP director, nurses and facilities supervisor.
This task force met last week to discuss ways to control the spread of germs at school. Here are some steps to help contain and control sickness in our classrooms.
1. Students and staff should use Clorox or other disinfecting wipe to wipe down desks before leaving for the day.
2. Teachers should use Clorox or other disinfecting wipe to wipe down the classroom surfaces at the end of the day - light switches, door knobs, countertops etc.
3. Teachers will review hand washing techniques with students. Students must wash their hands after using the restroom and before eating.
4. Teachers will review with students the proper way to cough or sneeze into elbows or use a tissue.
5. Encourage the use of hand sanitizer after using tissues and at different times throughout the day.
Nurse Sonya and Nurse Carla stress the importance of making sure the hand sanitizer you are using is at least 63% alcohol to kill germs
6. After students exit the room, teachers should spray their classrooms with a Lysol type spray before taking students to lunch.
7. Classrooms will be kept cooler to control the spread of germs.