Dear Families and Friends of Tabor Home:
We are writing to notify you that someone at Tabor Home was diagnosed with COVID-19. The Fraser Health enhanced outbreak team is working with the staff at Tabor Home to identify anyone who may have been exposed and to take steps to protect the health of all residents and staff.
This exposure does not mean that your family member is sick with COVID-19
. Residents and staff will be screened twice-daily for any signs of illness. Those who develop symptoms will be isolated, tested for COVID-19 and provided the care they need.
The health and safety of residents and staff is our first priority and a responsibility we take very seriously. To date, as part of our proactive management, Fraser Health has worked to ensure the following measures are in place to prevent the spread of COVID-19 at this care home:
- Ensuring that staff wear a procedure mask that covers their mouth and nose, eye protection and other personal protective equipment as recommended.
- Enhancing our daily cleaning practices.
- Maintenance of two meters of physical distance in dining rooms, staggered meal times, tray service or other strategies.
- Cancellation of group activities and client gatherings, while providing one-to-one activity as appropriate.
- Visitor access restrictions and screening measures for essential visitors.
Additional measures being taken now that there has been a positive case identified include:
- Providing active staff screeners deployed by Fraser Health to support site to screen all staff.
- Providing ongoing staff education by Fraser Health and facility based staff.
- Priority access to necessary supplies such as masks, eye protection and gowns.
- Grouping of staff and residents to prevent cross over between well and sick individuals.
We know that staying away from your loved one is very difficult and we appreciate that you are cooperating with this request with the goal of keeping residents and staff healthy.
Tabor Home staff will continue to provide care and services to residents to enhance their safety and well-being while maintaining routines where it is safe to do so.
We will also keep you up-to-date on any changes related to your family member’s health status.
Please note that the resident who tested positive was only on site for a few hours and was self-isolated the entire time. The resident has now been moved off-site and transferred to a hospital. As it stands right now, there are no further cases of COVID-19 on the premises.
If you have further questions, please contact:
Dan Levitt, MSc., CHE
604-859-8715 ext. 102