Dear Family and Friends of Tabor Village:
Update On Cases
At Tabor Home, staff and residents have been swab tested for COVID-19 on Friday November 6 and Saturday November 7. The results as of Monday, November 9 have confirmed twenty-two staff members and nineteen residents at Tabor Home who have tested positive for COVID-19.
For those residents of Tabor Home who have tested positive for COVID-19, family members have been contacted directly by a nurse leader. If there is a change in health condition of your loved one you will be contacted immediately.
Tabor Home continues to work with the Fraser Health rapid response team onsite and communication with residents and families will continue for the duration of the outbreak. Staff members are currently in self-isolation at their homes, and residents are currently in self-isolation in their homes at Tabor Home.
Ask Us Anything
We understand this is a difficult time for many and we are here to address any questions, comments, concerns, or feedback you may have. As you can imagine, this is an ever-changing situation as we work to contain the outbreak and take every precaution necessary to ensure we put an end to this virus within Tabor Home.
We understand there may be talk about this outbreak out there, but we ask that you come and check with us first to address and answer any questions or concerns you may have. As you may have noticed, we have been learning of new cases over the course of this last week, which meant that our numbers have been evolving. We believe in transparency, that said, we hope and pray for the best, but plan for the worst. In this case, the worst means the very real possibility of new cases arising throughout this week. We are working in overdrive to guard against that, but it is a possibility.
We ask that you bear with us, come to us if you have a question, and join us in praying against the worst, and believing for the best.
We have ensured we have more than enough supplies to keep staff and residents safe and are providing staff with additional protective measures as needed during this time. Between our own Tabor Village supply and the supply of Fraser Health, we are well stocked. The safety and protection of staff and residents is our top priority and one we take very seriously.
What's Being Done
Enhanced control measures have been put in place at the site. We continue to work with staff to identify anyone who may have been exposed and the infection control safety measures have been enhanced to protect the health of all staff, residents and families.
The following has proactively been implemented at the site:
- Staffing levels will be maintained to provide resident care.
- Visitors are restricted throughout the facility.
- Staff and residents movement in the facility has been restricted.
- Cleaning and infection control measures have been enhanced.
- Residents, families and staff are being kept informed.
- Twice a day screening of all staff and residents.
During this time, the Tabor Village Outbreak Management Team and Fraser Health has additional onsite presence to take any further actions required and support the implementation of enhanced safety measures. This includes dedicated people to address quality, answer questions from staff, residents and family, and provide active checks of symptoms with staff and residents.
How to maintain contact with your loved one:
What can you do?
- Pray for Tabor Home. Pray for the residents, staff, and families and pray for this outbreak to pass quickly so we can be outbreak free once again.
- Take the Influenza Vaccine.
- Follow the new orders of Dr. Bonnie Henry.
- Keep in touch with your loved ones. Make use of our services to keep you and your loved ones connected.
- Make a donation to Stockings 4 Seniors to help make Christmas a little extra special this year for every resident across Tabor Village.
- Make a donation to the COVID-19 Emergency Relief Fund to help with PPE.
If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to reach out to me any time. We are here for you always.
Dan Levitt, MSc., CHE
604-859-8715 x 102