Tabor Home Outbreak Update
As of Monday, November 16th, we regret to inform you that we have a total of 42 staff and 59 residents who have tested positive for COVID-19. Many staff who tested positive for the virus were in shock as they experienced no symptoms. It is our belief that many of these positive cases are individuals who already had the virus within them, but didn't display symptoms or show on their test until later.
This is a sad reality for many and we know and feel the weight of this deeply, just as we know you all do as well.
How are we combating this?
- Staffing levels are being maintained to provide resident care.
- All visits have ceased for the duration of the outbreak with the exception of end of life visits.
- Movement around the Home has been restricted.
- Enhanced cleaning practices.
- Twice a day active screening of symptoms with staff and residents.
- Weekly testing of all staff and residents.
- Enhanced care plans put in place for COVID-19 positive residents.
- Daily audits of PPE, hand-washing, and environment.
- Enhanced infection control measures have been implemented.
- Working with Fraser Health, enhanced education, additional infection control experts, access to emergency supplies, and additional staff have been provided.