Dear Tabor Court Families, Friends, and Staff:
We regret to inform you that 1 Tabor Court staff member who worked on the 4th floor, tested positive for COVID-19. I want to be very clear that 1 staff member does NOT make an outbreak and therefore Tabor Court is still outbreak free as it stands right now.
In an effort to limit any spread, we have implemented outbreak protocol as a precautionary measure, which includes the following:
- All tenants have been quarantined to their suites.
- Meals are being served in individual suites.
- Social gatherings are cancelled effective immediately.
- Staff are in cohorts by floor.
- 4th floor tenants are on Droplet Precautions. This is only a precautionary measure meaning no staff member will enter a 4th floor tenant's room without full PPE including gown and gloves (face mask and eye protection will continue to be mandatory 24/7 as they have been since the beginning of the pandemic).
- All 4th floor staff and tenants are being swab tested for COVID-19.
- All 4th floor tenants were swab tested today.
- 4th floor staff swab tests are underway.
- Twice a day screening of staff including temperature checks.
- Safety huddles.
- Continued physical distancing measures.
- Frequent hand washing.
- Enhanced cleaning of high touch surfaces.
- Regular audits: hand washing, PPE, declutter, and soiled utility.
The Fraser Health COVID-19 Response team is working closely with Manjit Sekhon, Tabor Court Tenant Care Coordinator to contain this as fast as possible and limit any risk of spread. We will continue to update you with any new information that we learn.
COVID-19 Vaccine Update
The COVID-19 vaccine is here!
Initial immunizations in the Fraser Health region will focus on healthcare staff who work in long-term care facilities. We are pleased to report that we have 65 Tabor Village staff members who have received the vaccine with more to come in the coming weeks.
We are strongly urging staff to get vaccinated with the hope and goal of having all staff, all tenants and all families eventually vaccinated. This vaccine is our best defense against the virus.
"I got my first dose of covid 19 Vaccine today... I was excited and little scared before getting it, however, feeling great and relaxed now. Being a health worker, I feel it is my responsibility towards our tenants, community and family to get this vaccine and help in breaking the chain of this virus in the community. I would like to encourage other staff to get it."
-A grateful Tabor Court staff member after receiving the vaccine
"I'm so grateful to have received the COVID-19 vaccine. It was an easy process and I feel much safer now. This vaccine also means the residents and my co-workers are safer too. I don't want anymore outbreaks."
-A grateful Tabor Home staff member after receiving the vaccine