Dear Families and Friends of Tabor Village:
As you know, Dr. Bonnie Henry announced last week that visitors will be allowed in long-term care and assisted living homes. Like you, we are very excited to be welcoming you back soon!
If you haven't already, you will be receiving a phone call from our staff to confirm who the designated visitor will be for you loved one. As much as we would love to open our doors to all of you, we are only permitted
one designated visitor per resident
at this time.
This is not one visitor per visit or per week, but rather one visitor total. The designated visitor name that we receive will be the only person allowed in for the foreseeable future until instructed otherwise by the Ministry of Health and Provincial Health Officer. We understand this might be hard for some to choose just one, but it allows for a slow start and may expand in the future if all goes well and everyone follows protocol.
We are in the midst of finalizing our Safety Plan, as required by the Provincial Health Officer, which will then need to be approved by Fraser Health.
We will send you an update with visitor protocols and next steps at the end of this week and will begin booking visits on Monday, July 13th.
Any site that has an active outbreak of COVID-19 will not be allowed visitors until the outbreak is declared over.
Social Visiting Guidelines for Long Term Care and Assisted Living
To all you designated visitors out there preparing to see your loved ones soon, please pay special attention to the below as we all must abide by the following guidelines provided by the Ministry of Health.
- Do not enter if sick, in self-isolation or in quarantine.
- Only one designated person is allowed per resident.
- Visits must be booked in advance.
- During an active outbreak of COVID-19, visits will not be permitted.
- Clean hands before and after visiting. Use soap and water or alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
- Cough or sneeze into your elbow and do not touch your face.
- All visitors are required to bring and wear their own mask.
- Please maintain a distance of 2 arm lengths from others.
- Designated visiting areas will be provided. Visits with seniors who have mobility challenges will be assessed individually.
Source: BC Centre for Disease Control | Ministry of Health, British Columbia
Hair Salon to Reopen
Part of the relaxation of visitors includes the hairdressers being permitted to reopen. As soon as the health and safety plan is developed and approved for Tabor Village, seniors will be getting their hair done in the salons at each building. This is great news!
Until visitation opens, the current COVID-19 restrictions remain in place.
Communications and Events Coordinator
604-859-8715 ext. 147