Expanding COVID-19 vaccination eligibility
Starting today, Middlesex-London Health Unit will be expanding eligibility to members of the general public for the first time, including those over the age of 80 and Indigenous adults 55 years of age and older.
Healthcare workers in provincially-prioritized groups will also be able to start getting their first dose of the COVID-19 vaccine. Among the groups now eligible to receive the vaccine are:
- Staff and essential caregivers in long-term care homes, high-risk retirement homes and First Nations elder care homes, and any residents of these settings that have not yet received a first dose of vaccine.
- Alternative level of care patients in hospitals who have a confirmed admission to a long-term care home, retirement home or other congregate care homes for seniors.
- Frontline healthcare workers working in hospital inpatient settings and hospital procedural areas, including surgical care, obstetrics, endoscopy, operating rooms, dialysis, imaging, chemotherapy, and radiotherapy ONLY.
- Residents and staff in other congregate care settings for seniors, including assisted living facilities.
- Hospital and acute care healthcare workers in frontline roles with COVID-19 patients and/or with a high risk of exposure to COVID-19.
- Patient-facing healthcare workers involved in the COVID-19 response.
- Medical First Responders
- Patient-facing community healthcare workers serving specialized populations
How to book a COVID-19 vaccination
Appointments for a COVID-19 vaccination appointment in London and Middlesex County can be booked online and by phone:
Indigenous adults 55 years of age and older can begin booking their appointments today (Monday, March 1st)
Those over the age of 80 can begin booking their vaccine appointments starting on Tuesday, March 2nd at 7:00 a.m.
To book an appointment online, visit https://www.covidvaccinelm.ca/.
Those who do not have Internet access can call 226-289-3560 to book an appointment over the phone. Information about booking an appointment can also be found on the Health Unit’s website: https://www.healthunit.com/covid-19-vaccine.
If your patients have mobility concerns and require assistance at their appointment, please ask them to bring a support person with them. The support person will need to pass a COVID-19 screen at the vaccination clinic and will not receive the vaccine unless they are also eligible and have an appointment.
More Information about the COVID-19 vaccine