Greetings, SCS Colleagues.
SCS is making first and second dose vaccinations available to ALL District employees and critical support partners March 29 and March 30 at the Board of Education, 160 S. Hollywood St., and Teaching & Learning Academy, 2485 Union Ave.
Individuals who received their first COVID-19 Pfizer vaccination from SCS are now eligible to receive their second dose. Any remaining SCS employees and critical support partners (i.e. custodians, bus drivers, etc.) who have not previously received a first or second vaccination are also able to sign up.
Use the links below to sign up for available time slots. Please do not sign up for more than one appointment.
Any person who has received their first dose is REQUIRED to bring their vaccination card, and anyone wanting to receive a first or second vaccination must have a state ID.
The Pfizer vaccine is the type that will be administered. You can view facts about the Pfizer vaccine here. Below are several additional reminders to review before arriving at your SCS vaccination appointment.
Arrival & Other Expectations:
- Please wear a shirt that may be easily rolled up to access the vaccination area on your (left or right) upper arm.
- To maintain the safety of everyone, wear a mask during your entire appointment, and bring your own ink pen for completing consent forms.
- To minimize traffic, do not arrive more than 10 minutes prior to your selected appointment.
It is also imperative that ONLY the individual receiving the vaccine be present at the appointment. No children please.
- Due to COVID-19 protocols, we encourage you to bring a bottle of water to your appointment.
- Anyone signing up for their first dose must make arrangements for their second dose through community providers.
Additional Vaccination Opportunities:
New appointment times for first and second shots are being added daily on the City's website here.
You can visit the Shelby County Health Department's website for local vaccination opportunities or the state's website for opportunities in other counties.
- You may also check your local pharmacy or other locations that may be advertising vaccination opportunities.
-SCS Vaccination Staff