Attention new Eagle Scouts! JULY 30TH deadline to apply for the
Danforth & Marguerite Bolton Eagle Scout Scholarship.
Two Grants of $1,000 per year, for two years (one-time award, nonrenewable) are made available by the Danforth & Marguerite Bolton Eagle Scout Scholarship Fund. Known by everyone in the Oneonta community, Dan was a banking CEO and Marguerite was a teacher with a passion for collecting sea shells and rocks. They shared a true passion for supporting Scouting and loved all that the Council programs offered its youth membership. This scholarship and its deserving recipients honor the incredibly generous legacy they left behind.
The application to apply is available at the link below.
Who can apply?
Any Eagle Scout who earned their Award in the Leatherstocking Council and meets the following qualifications.
Applicants may have earned their Award at any time prior to their request. It is not limited to Scouts earning the Award in their senior year, but you must be a graduating senior to apply.
In order to qualify, you must:
1. Be a registered member of the Leatherstocking Council, BSA.
2. Be applying during your senior year of high school. Grants are awarded only to high school seniors graduating in the calendar year in which scholarships are presented. EXCEPTION: If your Eagle Scout
Board of Review was held between March 1st and July 31st of your graduating year, you need to apply during the spring of your first year of COLLEGE or POST HIGH SCHOOL TRADE OR TECHNICAL
PROGRAM. All other requirements remain the same.
3. Have demonstrated leadership ability in Scouting and a strong participation in extracurricular activities.
4. Possess a financial need.
5. Have the endorsement of a volunteer or professional Scout leader who knows you personally.
6. Application must be submitted by June 1, 2019.