District 86 is partnering with Jewel-Osco to host a COVID-19 vaccine and booster shot clinic in the auditorium at Hinsdale Central on Monday, Jan. 24, from 2 p.m. to 7 p.m. This event is open to:
- Community members who are 12 years or older.
- District 86 employees and their family members.
- Employees from our feeder districts and their family members.
- Employees from the local villages and their family members.
Please note that the Pfizer vaccine and booster are the only ones that will be offered during this event. Those who wish to receive the booster shot must have completed the two-dose series of the Pfizer or Moderna vaccine at least five months ago (i.e., no later than Aug. 24, 2021) or received the single-shot Johnson and Johnson vaccine at least two months ago (i.e., no later than Nov. 24, 2021). In addition, while the Pfizer vaccine is currently available to anyone who is 5 years or older, Jewel-Osco will only be providing the first dose of the age 12+ formulation on Jan. 24.
Below is information about the tasks that must be completed before getting the vaccine or booster shot, and the steps you will need to follow on the day of your appointment. Jewel-Osco has made 500 slots available for this clinic, but can add more if necessary. Parents/guardians who are signing their children up for the vaccine or booster are welcome and encouraged to attend the appointment.
Superintendent, District 86
Tasks to Complete Prior to Receiving the Vaccine or Booster Shot
Please complete the following tasks prior to your appointment.
Schedule your appointment via Jewel-Osco’s online portal, which can be accessed by visiting https://bit.ly/3zUs9io. We recommend that you select a time that will allow for the 30-45 minutes needed to complete the entire process - i.e., arrive on-site, wait in line, present the required documentation, receive the vaccine or booster, and be monitored for at least 15 minutes following the injection if necessary.
Print the Informed Consent for Immunization form that will be generated when you answer all of the questions on the online portal and finish the scheduling process. If you forget or are unable to print the form in advance, there will be copies available on-site the day of the clinic.
- Locate the hard copy of your vaccination card (only applies to people getting the booster shot). The staff from Jewel-Osco will need to add a sticker to the card to show that you have received the booster.
If you have not attended a Jewel-Osco vaccination clinic before or your insurance information has changed since the last time you participated in one, please make a copy of the front and back of your insurance card. If you are unable to make a copy, we ask that you bring the card with you to your appointment. Please note that you do not need to have medical insurance in order to receive the vaccine or booster shot. If you do not have insurance, you simply need to let the staff from Jewel-Osco know that when you check in.
Process and Logistics for Receiving the Vaccine or Booster Shot
Below are the steps you must follow on the day of your appointment.
- You will not need to take any precautionary steps or measures (e.g., fasting) prior to receiving the vaccine or booster. However, we ask that you please wear clothing (e.g., a shirt with sleeves that are short or loose fitting) that will enable the staff member from Jewel-Osco to quickly and easily administer the shot to the upper portion of your arm near the shoulder.
- In order to ensure that we can maintain a distance of at least 6 feet between those who are receiving the vaccine or booster, we ask that you please come at your scheduled time.
- If you are driving to Hinsdale Central for your appointment, please park in either the student or staff lots located on the southeast side of the school on Grant Street.
- When you arrive for your appointment, you must wear a mask and practice social distancing at all times. You must also have the following items with you:
Informed Consent for Immunization form if you are able to print it in advance.
- Hard copy of your vaccination card if you are receiving the booster shot.
A copy of the front and back of your insurance card or the actual card itself. This only applies to people who have not attended a Jewel-Osco vaccination clinic before or whose insurance information has changed since the last time they participated in one. Per the information above, you do not need to have medical insurance in order to receive the vaccine or booster shot.
- You will check in with a member of the district’s security staff when you enter Door 10, which is located on the southeast side of the building. You will then be directed to the auditorium, where you will check in with the staff from Jewel-Osco and present all of your documentation. After checking in with the staff from Jewel-Osco, you will either be directed to an available vaccine or booster shot station or asked to sit until your name is called.
- After receiving your injection, you may need to wait in the auditorium for approximately 15 minutes for monitoring purposes. When your appointment is finished, you will exit the building through the same door you entered (i.e., Door 10).