Dear KBC Family,
Thank you for your loving willingness to live with a degree of sacrificial discomfort on behalf of each other over the past year. The rules and protocols have been challenging, yet you have proven yourselves to be exemplary in your care for one another. Although this has been a trying time for many, God has continued to pour out His abundant blessings of grace and peace upon us through our Lord Jesus Christ…to Him be the glory!
Here is some news I think you will be delighted to hear!
Based on the new guidance from the CDC and Governor John Bel Edwards (letter from the governor's office
), and in light of the lifting of the statewide mask mandate, here are the new guidelines our Leadership Team is introducing beginning Sunday, May 16, 2021:
Masks will no longer be required on KBC campus as long as we can maintain the following:
(anyone desiring to continue wearing a mask is encouraged to do so)
- Please maintain at least 6’ between persons who are not of the same family or cohort. ([a] This will apply to all areas of campus: Worship services, Sunday School, Life Groups, meetings and hallway travel between events. [b] Please respect the seating arrangements in classes and sanctuary and do not move chairs or tables in classrooms or ropes in the sanctuary.)
- Please do not attend if you have any cold or flu-like symptoms.
- Please keep hands washed or sanitized when entering any building.
- Please refrain from hugging those who are not in your family or cohort (We know this is difficult!).
- Please note: at any time persons cannot maintain 6’ of distancing, masks will be needed!
Here are the steps we are taking to continue to guard your health.
- We will continue to have 2 services and 2 Sunday Schools since we do not have adequate Sunday School space for all classes to meet at one time while maintaining the 6’ distance.
- We will continue to clean spaces after use.
- We will continue to monitor guidance from CDC & Governor Edwards’ office.
- We will watch our flock carefully to monitor any possible transmission of COVID on our campus…and make changes as needed in response.
We look forward to seeing you!
Pastor Bart & Leadership Team