January 19, 2020
Friends and Family of St. Mark Lutheran Church,
Our Covid Response Team met on January 12, 2021. Below are the items we discussed. We will be meeting again at the end of February with the hopes of having more updated information on Covid-19.
- Although the vaccine is being distributed- we can’t use it as a determining factor at this time in regards to coming back to church. There are too many uncertainties about who will get the vaccine and in what order, as well as the lack of clarity regarding the number of available vaccines and when they will arrive in states. We will reassess in February.
- Our hope is to move to phase 2 by Easter (small group meetings in person at church, worship remains online). Of course, we ask for your patience as we continue to learn more with each month that comes.
- Staff members are working on getting our church ready to start live streaming worship. Live streaming will continue even when we are all back together- people have expressed that this option will be nice for those who can’t always make it to church.
- In 2020 St. Mark received the PPP loan to help with salaries during the pandemic. This year, there is new criteria to meet in order to apply.
- We need to show the difference between the quarters in 2019 and 2020- a 25% drop in income.
- We do not qualify for the PPP this year.
Our next Covid Response Team meeting is scheduled for February 23rd, 2021.
Thank you again for your patience and grace as we continue to navigate through this crazy time.
Peace be with you,
COVID Response Team Members