BILD Alberta and local associations continue to engage with provincial and local governments to better clarify the restrictions that were introduced by the Government of Alberta. The following is our current understanding of the restrictions. For updates please visit our COVID Resource page.
• Employees should not come to work if they have any cold or flu like symptoms or have been in close contact with someone recently diagnosed with COIVID-19.
• PPE (masks) and physical distancing in place for all workers
• Limit the number of trades per site/home
• Pre-shift COVID questionnaires/screening advisable
• Provide hand washing stations
• Where possible do not share equipment/sanitize after use
• Remind workers of enhanced COVID safety protocols already in place
Showhomes/Design Centres/Sales Centres:
• Limited to appointment only - This is the current interpretation provided to BILD Alberta by the Government of Alberta. We will be engaging Alberta Health Services for further clarification and advise members through a special bulletin should this change.
• COVID questionnaires advisable for all visitors
• PPE (masks) to be worn by all staff and visitors
• Physical distancing of at least 2m wherever possible
• Limit the number of visitors per appointment
• Visitors should be from the same household
• Where possible, it is recommended employees should work from home
• Employees not working from home require masks at the office unless seated in a private office or cubicle
• Reduce capacity/number of people working from office
• No indoor social gathering in any setting (private homes, public spaces or workplaces) – work meetings are not social gatherings, but attendance should be limited and public health measures followed.
• COVID questionnaires for homeowners prior to visit are advisable
• PPE (masks) and physical distancing for employees and homeowners
Maintaining construction as an essential service through the pandemic remains of critical importance. To help support our industry’s continued exemplary work in enhanced safety protocols, BILD Calgary Region is hosting a series of webinars in December that are available to all BILD Alberta members:
COVID Safety and Wellness Webinar on December 3. This free webinar will focus on COVID best practices, how to deal with COVID fatigue and compliance with the new restrictions.
- Mental health webinars on December 7 & 14 (details to follow) - One for employers, managers and HR professionals on how to best support employees and what resources are available. The other for individual employees and will focus on supports available for your individual and family mental health.