Changes from the Western National Finals Prize List are highlighted in yellow.
As long as state, local, and facility guidelines allow, these same protocols can be followed at the remaining regional finals events this weekend (May 30th).
IEA Participant COVID-19 Checklist - NATIONAL FINALS
To ensure a safe IEA National Finals, all attendees share responsibility in being COVID-19 conscious and proactive in safeguarding themselves and others. Everyone taking part in the IEA Western National Finals, including but not limited to those working as paid staff members or volunteers, participating as coaches or riders, or attending as spectators will follow the COVID Rules & Regulations set forth by the American Paint Horse Association (APHA) and as outlined below.
Along with precautions that the IEA National Finals staff will be implementing, participants and spectators at National Finals will need to cooperate with and contribute to efforts limiting exposure and spread of COVID-19. Before attending National Finals, please review the following updated checklist and IEA COVID-19 MANDATES.
- Take your temperature before leaving home (or your hotel). Anyone with a temperature of 100.4 or higher may not attend the show.
- Regardless of temperature, DO NOT ATTEND the event if feeling ill, showing any signs that could potentially be related to COVID-19, or if you have been in contact with anyone diagnosed or showing symptoms of COVID-19 within 10 days of the event.
- Check the horse show prize list as well as the Western National Finals webpage for additional COVID-19 notes or directives specific to the host facility. This information will also be shared via email to qualified riders and teams.
Each rider is limited to bringing no more than two (2) attendants (guardians/spectators) to National Finals. Sibling riders are limited to two (2) shared attendants (guardians/spectators). RIDERS ARE NO LONGER LIMITED IN NUMBER OF ATTENDANTS (guardians/spectators).
- Entry fees for scratches related to COVID-19 illness or exposure will be refunded. No other fees will be refunded.
- IEA is not responsible for reimbursement of expenses related to travel and/or accommodations should a coach, rider, or spectator not be able to compete or attend for any reason.
- Wash and/or sanitize your hands upon arrival at the show and frequently while in attendance. Bring your own personal supply of hand sanitizer and/or disinfectant wipes.
A face covering (mask) MUST BE WORN AT ALL TIMES while attending IEA National Finals as a SPECTATOR, PARTICIPANT, or OFFICIAL. Refer to APHA Posted Rules. Face masks are still recommended.
It is recommended that competitors wear face coverings (masks) at all times except when mounted on a horse.
Social Distancing of at least 6 feet between non-family members is recommended.
CDC and US Equestrian have changed their COVID-19 guidelines regarding face coverings (masks) and social distancing for fully vaccinated attendees. However, since many of our youth participants at this event may not have been vaccinated, the IEA recommends face coverings (masks) be worn by all, except when mounted on a horse. Thanks for your continued cooperation.
Please advise the IEA Membership office (firstname.lastname@example.org) if any person is diagnosed with COVID-19 within 14 days of attending any IEA event.
National/State/Local Government and/or Health Department rules may differ from the IEA Guidelines/Rules. In ALL cases, the more restrictive regulations, recommendations, guidelines and requirements will prevail.
Questions: Contact email@example.com or call 1-877-RIDE-IEA.