June 10, 2021
Family and Friends of St. Mark,
Our Covid Response team has been watching the trends of Covid cases decrease significantly over the past few weeks here in Minnesota. After some discussion we are recommending to update our covid response plan.
Our COVID-19 plan has been updated and will be effective starting Sunday, June 13, 2021. Here are the latest details:
- Masks will no longer be required for those fully vaccinated* per the guidance from MDH and the CDC.
- If you are not vaccinated, we encourage you to continue to wear a mask/face covering when you attend worship or social distancing cannot be maintained.
- If you are fully vaccinated and would prefer to wear a mask, you certainly can continue to do so.
*Fully Vaccinated definition from the CDC/MDH
- 2 weeks after the second dose in a 2-dose series, such as the Pfizer or Moderna vaccines
- 2 weeks after a single dose vaccines, such as Johnson & Johnson’s Janssen vaccine.
Here at St. Mark we never want to create a space where there is division, judgement, and blame. Wherever you may fall on the spectrum of mask wearing, we see you and honor your decisions. We ask that everyone remain respectful in the coming weeks as we continue to navigate through these changes.
- Yes we will continue to sing in worship.
- Yes we will continue to take communion in our seats.
- Yes, we will still strongly encourage social distancing in worship.
We always are open to thoughts, concerns, questions, and wonderings so please reach out if you need to!
We are excited but also remain cautious as this takes time. Per usual, if the trends of Covid should change or begin to increase again, we will have to be ready to return back to any of the previous phases for the safety of the whole congregation.
The Covid Response Team
St. Mark Council Members