March 1, 2022
Friends and Family of St. Mark,
We hope this letter finds you well and that everyone has been enjoying these last few days of warmer weather. I think it is safe to say we are all ready for spring!
With the CDC changing its mask protocol recently, our Covid team had a meeting this week to discuss the decrease in Covid cases and how Minnesota is now considered low risk for Covid-19.
The Covid team made a recommendation that was approved by council that St. Mark will be changing our mask policy from required to recommended, effective immediately.
The CDC made this change due to the low numbers in the State of Minnesota - and we have followed the CDC’s recommendations these past 2 years in other Covid policy changes.
What will this look like?
- Masks are encouraged, but not required in worship or any other gathering spaces in the church throughout the week.
- If anyone wishes to continue wearing masks, we respect that decision.
- If you choose to not wear a mask, please be mindful of those around you.
- We will start passing the offering plates again during Sunday morning worship.
- Communion around the altar we hope will start again on Maundy Thursday- April 14th, 2022.
We are excited that we are moving in a positive direction and continue to pray that Minnesota remains at a low risk level. The council, Covid team, and staff support team are available to address any questions or concerns you may have. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org
St. Mark Council
St. Mark Covid team and staff support team