A few local updates:
- The Kent Emergency Operations Center, located at Town Hall, continues to be manned from 1300-1600 daily.
- We have made the decision to close the Welcome Center.
- Davis IGA remains open and has online ordering for pickup and delivery.
- All restaurants are take-away only. Please consider ordering from a local restaurant.
- All Town buildings, Kent Memorial Library, and the KVFD Firehouse remain closed to the public.
- The UPS dropoff at the House of Books is unavailable due to their closure, but there is a UPS drop-box behind Webster bank.
- We have been contacted by the CT Food Hub and will be participating in a food dropoff program they are standing up. We will keep you posted on this.
We continue to be in regular contact with the schools, fire and EMS officials, Torrington Area Health Department, and businesses to discuss planning going forward.
I've been participating in numerous conference calls with our state and regional emergency management and public health partners. They are working with their state agencies to ensure continued access to food & provisions, PPE for emergency responders, and healthcare options such as telehealth.
We are working on activating our Everbridge Emergency Notification System, which is a robust system that can reach all households in our town. While this newsletter is delivered to almost 1200 email inboxes, Everbridge has the capability to send messages including voice messages and text messages to home and cell phones, and even send a fax to a fax machine. We hope to send a town wide message in the coming days.
If you need anything from us, please reach out via email at COVID19INFO@townofkentct.org, or by phone to our Emergency Operation Center at 860.706.3833. We are here to help you, your friends, families and loved ones.
As always, be kind to each other - this is a time that few people alive today have experienced. Let's tap into our patient and compassionate selves, and recognize how powerful a reassuring smile can be as we exist a little bit further away from those around us.